Southern Illinois Batterer’s Intervention Program
The Jackson County State’s Attorney’s Office, in partnership with the Carbondale Police Department, offers a diversion program for qualifying first-time offenders in domestic battery cases. Upon successful completion of the program, a criminal prosecution may be dismissed or deferred. The defendant’s criminal history, prior record of domestic violence, and the severity of the current charges are considered to determine eligibility for this program.
Upon acceptance, applicants must comply with the following:
- Attend 24 weekly group sessions, each consisting of 90 minutes.
- Make up any missed sessions.
- Actively participate in the program as directed by the facilitator.
- Abide by the rules set forth by the facilitator and the State’s Attorney’s Office.
- Pay $10 for intake and $10 per session for a total of $250.
- Assign available bond to pay for cost of program.
Failure to comply with any rules may result in the filing of the original charges. All fees collected are non-refundable.
For more information, please contact Patti Clark at email@example.com.
8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Closed on all Federal
and State holidays.
Jackson County Courthouse
1001 Walnut Street
Murphysboro, Illinois 62966